engage2012 - artist led city project:
engage 2012 - artist led city project:
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.
Thursday, 9 February 2012
I've debated for days adding this video........... and now I do.....what I find interesting in it...... is the debatablity of the real, the over the top use of cultural appropriation........
approached as a conceptual art piece it is well.....
Labels:
tess walkowski
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think they're great, they use a particular South African aesthetic, that has always been creepy and kind of inbred...theres a series of photographs I remember seeing years ago, and they make it into a cultural style, which changes the meaning...allows it to be something else...no?
ReplyDeleteEmma