engage2012 - artist led city project:

engage 2012 - artist led city project:
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.

Sunday, 19 February 2012

introduction

Hi fellow travelers, I'm Fifi Smith.

I'm just touching base with all of you fellow artists. I'm Irish, (Republic) and based just outside of Dublin. At present a lot of my pratice involves light and shadow installations. if you want to have a look, my website is www.fifismith.net

Here is a little text to give you all a sense of where I'm coming from:-
"At the core of my work is an aesthetic exploration of the liminal activity in an individuals head between waking and sleeping, thinking and feeling, between individuality and conformity. We all think we make daily decisions on the grounds of reason, but is it the emotional that dominates our thinking process, or logic. Where in the ‘in-between’ does our motivation for our actions lie.
In these tiny transitions of the mind, there are no certainties, and therefore, no absolutes, it is a wonder -world of exploration for this artist!"

Meanwhile, I have been reading what I can about the city of Bucharest, and am beginning to get a 'feel' for the place. There have been some very lively debates going on in the art world there, but I can't wait to get my feet on the ground to see what it is really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment