engage2012 - artist led city project:

engage 2012 - artist led city project:
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.

Saturday, 25 February 2012

Introduction

Hello everyone!

I'm Rossella, I'm Italian and I'm just come back after two years in Northern France. I really like to feel the condition of « being foreign » and I am very happy to taking part in this project!

My work is related to an approach close to the direct cinema, although right now I wonder myself on the borders between cinema and video art. I’m looking forward to meet you all and to be stimulated by your points of view, and your various approaches.

Bucharest seems an exciting city, full of contradictions between projection into the future and inheritance of the past, between a cultural model and an other. This is the kind of subject that fascinates me, in France I worked on something similar, making my last work : http://dakhlavision.com/Installations.html

http://dakhlavision.com/Commedansunebulle_en.html

Also, I made a documentary film between Italy and Poland and I worked a lot on migration of people coming in Italy from Eastern Europe. This is another reason that pushed me to participate to Engage.

(http://dakhlavision.com/Hanna&violka.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment