Hi!!!
This is great to be here. to discover the city and meeting with you is great chance!
I am an Istanbul based artist.
My work addresses topics of technological progress, gender roles, and the social structures of politics and culture. Specifically, I explore the concept of identity against a backdrop of "political pollution" brought about by a deprivation of trust in politics, society, and democracy. I am interested in the pressures that result from repressive control mechanisms, and how these pressures impact psychologically on society. These topics are rooted in complex historical developments. In my work I try to develop new ways of speaking about these issues, to re-contextualize them and inspire individual responses.
looking forward to meet you all.
Dilek
engage2012 - artist led city project:
engage 2012 - artist led city project:
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.
No comments:
Post a Comment