engage2012 - artist led city project:

engage 2012 - artist led city project:
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.

Monday, 5 December 2011

on the road




On the road was a book which used the idea of the moment and the situation......being there.....as the thing in itself, the beat mindset.....a movement......and the words, that which was left behind, almost a relic of the moment, but a way to lead others into the moment.

“They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn…”


And for just a moment I had reached the point of ecstasy that I always wanted to reach, which was the complete step across chronological time into timeless shadows, and wonderment in the bleakness of the mortal realm, and the sensation of death kicking at my heels to move on, with a phantom dogging its own heels, and myself hurrying to a plank where all the angels dove off and flew into the holy void of uncreated emptiness, the potent and inconceivable radiancies shining in bright Mind Essence, innumerable lotus-lands falling open in the magic mothswarm of heaven. I could hear an indescribable seething roar which wasn't in my ear but everywhere and had nothing to do with sounds. I realized that I had died and been reborn numberless times but just didn't remember because the transitions from life to death and back are so ghostly easy, a magical action for naught, like falling asleep and waking up again a million times, the utter casualness and deep ignorance of it."

http://www.terebess.hu/english/ontheroad1.html < full book here

No comments:

Post a Comment