16/09/2011
"Why the need-desire to be somewhere else...to feel like the 'other'?"
I am having a fairly serious problem with this one myself at the
moment. Is it not a casper davis fredrich painting :) To conquer the
space...... I think this is an issue which we should think about, it
is almost imposible to to exoticise another city.
However I do believe that each city is very different.....in how it
relates. I think we should not go more "east block" that prague.
In fact I perhaps think we should stay west. stuttgard. belgium.
leeds.
I do agree on us being strangers to the place, however I am also
drawing up iffy feeling on the word group....... but as we enter a
new space, a city, we take on heavily the idea of culture........
@josefin I like your questions, but perhaps I feel like they should
rest in the background, I feel like they can be in our proposal and
should, yet when I give them too much weigh I feel sort of choked by
them.......especially this one......." What does it mean to be
temporal, or permanent and what is the artists role as a permanent
resident or temporarl one.
What does the artist take from the community (what is community) and
what does the artist give back?
It is important to give back to the community and should it then be in
the form of art?"
and now a bit about detroit, the absolute death of detroit allows that
inititives which develop community are necessary, because there is
nothing, thus art practice, is regarded as something natural,
something essential.
I just skyped with my mom who is in georgia, she had shown them my
drum performance nd they loved it.............. i.e. I could yell on
the street there.
perhaps one needs only to give oneself.
@ josefin rilke http://homestar.org/bryannan/ duino.html
i would also like to hear a bit more about your ideas of "oneness"
"mindfullness" being in and to think about them in relation to the
zizek.
In a city. the last time I got off the plane into new york, I
dropped my luggage and went for a run.......I am a bit of a freak
these days, but when I run, it is an instant oneness with the city.
this project is going to make me think to much :) perhaps we should
slow down. and get the text editor J suggested. I feel like I am
about to write a research paper.
In fact...... I would like to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment