Hi all, I'm really excited to be taking part in Engage 2012 with you all. I'm a visual artist from Wicklow, currently based in Monster Truck Studios in Dublin. I did my BA in Limerick and just finished my MA in IADT in Dun Laoghaire. My current research is looking into Soviet science fiction and how it was used as a way of bypassing censorship, something I'm really interested in pursuing while in Bucharest. I also have been talking about Bucharest with my dad as he visited there in 1968 when the Iron Curtain was still very much up so I'm looking a revisiting some the places he went while he was there. Will post more when I get the time,
looking forward to meeting you all,
Aoife
engage2012 - artist led city project:
engage 2012 - artist led city project:
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.
No comments:
Post a Comment