engage2012 - artist led city project:

engage 2012 - artist led city project:
The artists leave their homes, where reactions and interactions are often familiar and defined.
They come together in a foreign city, where they themselves are the others, simultaneously being in the city,
as well as apart from it due to their position as foreigners.

Thursday, 10 November 2011

PSYCHOSIS part I



I saw the exhibition Psychosis Part I at Färgfabriken in Stockholm. I thought these two works perhaps esp. interesting to Emma. Also these are works by artists in the nextdoor countries to Romania.  I really liked the one below by Chto Delat?
Another note that I found personally interesting has to do with to contrast between this exhibition 
and the one next door; works from the Master Students at Konstfack textile dep. The first was so incredibly dense, full of words, reference, overlapping sounds and importance, the second was whitish, silent, still, and as if hanging suspended mid air in no-time space. 
//J


No comments:

Post a Comment